Several photograpers and their students lived in Hakodate. Kenzo Kobayashi( 1876-1954) studied photography and English in the Motomachi district in Kobe, and then" came to Hakodate in 1907(Meiji 40) to open a studio in Oo-machi. His studio burned down in a fire in August of 1 907 (Mei ii 40 ), and was rebuilt in December. He took pictures of the Former Hakodate Public Hall, Takuboku Ishikawa, and some foreigners. The instruments and furniture in this studio have been used since those days. They are very valuable properties handed down to the second owner of this studio, Nobuo Kobayashi.